Well, that was quick. It’s been just a day since we first heard about the Samsung Galaxy J Max, and the device has already been made official. The enormous phablet is powered by a quad-core 1.5GHz processor, and as rumored, comes with a 7-inch display (of WXGA resolution).
Measuring 186.9 × 108.8 × 8.7mm, the device comes with 1.5GB RAM and 16GB expandable internal memory, and packs in a large 4,000mAh battery. The Samsung Galaxy J Max features an 8MP rear unit and a 2MP front shooter. It runs the dated Android 5.1 Lollipop out of the box.
Given the display size, the device also comes with a Bluetooth headset in the box to help you make calls. It also offers support for 4G, VoLTE, and dual SIM. Features like Ultra Data Saving and S Bike mode are supported.
As for price, the Galaxy J Max carries a tag of INR 13,400, which translates to around $200. Available in black and gold color options, it will be available for purchase in India (both online and offline) sometime towards the end of this month.
Samsung Galaxy J Max specifications
- 7-inch (1280 × 800 pixels) WXGA TFT display
- 1.5 GHz quad-core processor
- 1.5GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 200GB with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) OS
- Dual (nano) SIM
- 8MP auto focus rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.9 aperture
- 2MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Dimensions: 186.9×108.8×8.7mm
- 4000mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy J Max comes in Black and Gold colors, is priced at Rs. 13400 and will go on sale in India through online and offline channels starting from July-end. It also comes with 6 months double data offer for Airtel prepaid worth up to Rs. 4,500.